Friday, June 26, 2020

Innocent Murderer-A Short Story

Innocent Murderer-A Short Story

12 July 2004

There was not the slightest crack in my voice, nor my teeth were chattering anymore, I removed my left hand From my mouth and saw some red drops of blood dripping from my fingers to my palm, From my palm to my elbow, From elbow to ground, The deadliest knife in my right hand with its sharp edges was filled with blood, I remembered the color of that knife was plane gray and now the redness on its edges shows that the knife has done its job well. The man laying in front of me now isn't screaming, I knelt beside him and hoped for him to breathe but a part of me was relieved that he is no more alive than he used to be.

10 July 2004

I said goodbye to Neha and went to the library, I had only 5 days left to submit the review of "The Silent Patient Book By Alex Michaelides" to my editor and I haven't even opened that book yet. I went to the library, Found the book and started reading it, I did not know how fast time past till the librarian came near the table where I was sitting and told me "The library needs to closed now dear...You should head back to home"

I raised my head with shock and confusion and asked her the time,

It was half-past nine and the entire library was empty, I got up, gave a wry smile to the librarian and got out of the library to catch the bus, The bus stop was vacant too I didn't have any choice left rather than booking a cab, but as soon as I checked my phone it was dead, I was cursing myself for being such a fool, I should have started reading the book after reaching home and now my eyes were straining but I must admit the fact that the book was worth my time. I walked for nearly 15 minutes to reach st. Joseph road to catch a taxi, As I was standing on the vacant footpath I felt someone's breath at the back of my neck, I tried to turn back, A bearded man put a handkerchief on my nose and I fell on the floor.

11 July 2004

"How could this happen? what?….she isn't?.."

I heard the man shouting to someone on the phone, His back in front of me.

My head was spinning and my vision was blurry, I saw a deep mark around my wrist like they were tied tight with a strong rope, It nearly took me an eternity to exactly figure out that I was being kidnapped, But why? and who kidnapped me?

"if she isn't that girl then I'd better end her here because she has seen my face….yes …yes I do have a knife and she is now laying on the floor motionless, it's better to do it now….as soon as possible…ok…."

His words felt like some sharp thorns being tied around my neck and someone was pulling them to make me feel worse. He turned back and saw that I am awake

"Sorry innocent girl but you gotta die"

He came near me with a sharp gray knife then he hold my wrist tight,

I stumbled and fell on the floor, He came nearer and I saw a soda can near my feet I kicked it hard and it went flying and hit his face, He lost his grip and the knife fell on the floor I ran rapidly and took hold of the knife and told him to open the door, He started yelling at me loudly,

"You dumb fool, put that knife on the floor....put it down now....."

His screams were so loud, My hands were shaking in fear, my teeth were chattering and I lost control as he came nearer with his red face and rising tempered, I wasn't me for a moment, I stabbed the knife into his stomach and he fell on the floor; lifeless. I ...... I didn't want it to happen .......I .....lost control........there was no one around....... I ran from that place and no one saw me.

2 May 2006

But today I still hear whispers in my ear,

"you are an innocent........murderer girl"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO GUYS,

I HOPE YOU ENJOY READING MY SHORT STORY. LET ME KNOW YOUR FEEDBACK IN THE COMMENT BELLOW SO I CAN POST MORE SHORT STORIES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Being Consientious

A few days back I started writing a story. It was going all too well till I couldn't get through a certain plot because I wa...